I WENT CAMPING! It was actually pretty cool way better than I expected.
As it was the last week of my first year of sixth form, the year group went on a weekend camping trip at this place called Downe which is in the south east of England. Now half of my year group was really excited for the trip and the other half was just like “NO we won’t go on this trip, you can punish us, you can kick us out but we won’t go!” Turns out around 3/4 of my year went and honestly, the best two days of my first year.
Day 1 –
Met at school at 9am
- arrived at around 9:45
- by 10am only my tent for my friends was up. ALL the boys were asking for our help
- 1pm we had lunch well sandwiches. Personally I had marmite and cheese which is my absolute favourite!
- 2pm we did orienteering so much fun sounds boring but you feel like explorer
- 3:30 we did tunnel trail. Basically, with this the company got a swimming pool and filled it with dark crawl spaces that all intertwined instead of water. I know it sounds terrifying but it is super fun to play games like cat and mouse in.
- 5pm we then went to do Jacobs ladder (Image of JL) its so much harder than it looks trust me on that.
- 6pm we went back to our area and played football/ hot potato
- 8pm was dinner time I had chicken dippers because I am an extremely fussy eater.
- 9pm camp fire! we sang songs, ate s’mores and drank hot chocolate by the fire.
- 11pm all the teachers went to bed, we played some typical teen games and got up to typical teen antics.
The next day
we didn’t do as much because we was going home but we started with a bug infested shower (NOT FUN) a full english breakfast and my group went on to do zip wire. Finally we had a massive water fight!
My top tips
- BRING EXTRA EVERYTHING!
- ESPECIALLY TENT PEGS
- WEAR SOCKS IN THE SHOWER
- TAKE PHOTOS
- GO WITH LOADS OF FRIENDS
- DON’T SLEEP
- DRINK LOADS
- FORGET ALL THE WORRIES
- DONT TRY TO CONTACT THE WORLD
- ENJOY IT!